Thursday – Sunday
10:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS / COMPANIES
Each year Festival enthusiasts eagerly anticipate the display of life-size gardens designed by regionally acclaimed landscape architects and designers. This year you will find balance, as you gaze at a center zen garden that represents unspoiled nature viewed differently from many focal points throughout the show. Floral geisha and warrior masks sculpted by our area’s most talented designers combine varied elements of artistic style, planting, and water features. Certainly an inspiration for the home gardener.
Exotic Car Show
Saturday March 25 from 9-11 on the Festival grounds. Free admission from 9-11!
Dodd’s Landscape LLC
Garner Lawn & Construction
Life Enterprises Landscaping
Southern Appeal Landscape Management, LLC
TLC – The Landscape Co., LLC
Zimlich’s Patio and Garden Center
FOR THE KIDS
Children’s Art Contest
Catholic School Students in Mobile and Baldwin Counties compete in the art contest with interpretations of the Festival of Flowers theme. Winner announced on Sunday, March 26th at 2:00 PM
Field trips for local schools are available Thursday and Friday of the Festival. Students are educated on the importance of gardening, the impact that it has on our environment, and offered “hands on” projects to take home.
Family Fun Day
Activities and entertainment for the entire family. Bring the kids to meet princesses and superheroes, complete obstacle courses, take pictures with live bunnies, arts and crafts, and so much more!
One of the mainstays of the Festival of Flowers is the cultivation of garden knowledge for all ages and levels of gardening. Educational seminars and demonstrations are held throughout the Festival allowing experts to impart knowledge on a variety of topics.
Thursday, March 23th
Growing and Utilizing Herbs on the Gulf Coast
Nicole Owler and Barbara Cornstock, Gulf Coast Herb Society
How to Make and Style your own Kokedama
Gardens of Japan
Dr. Bill Barrick
Joys of Monotyping, Featured Festival Artist, 2023
Friday, March 24th
Melissa Meatyard Hicks
Picnic Perfection- Packing the Picnic
Zensational Koi Ponds
Tammie Townsend, Pond Elegance
Ikebana: The Japanese Art of Flower Arranging
Health and Well-Being, the Benefits of Plants
J. Harvey Cotten, Jr., AmericanHort
Saturday, March 25th
Take the Sting out of Beekeeping
Don and Veronica Culberson
Ikebana: The Japanese Art of Flower Arranging
The Art and History of Japanese Gardens
Dale Speetjens, Lead Designer, 2023 Festival of Flowers
Where do I park?
- Parking is FREE and available in the large parking lot in front of the
festival. Please refer to our festival map for more information.
Are dogs allowed?
- Certified Service animals are allowed in the festival but pets are discouraged because of the large crowds. This is for the safety of the pets and the festival-goers. If a service animal is brought into the Festival, the owner will be asked the following: “Is the dog a service animal required because of a disability?” and “What work or task has the dog been trained to perform?” Thank you for understanding.
What are the hours of the festival?
- Festival hours are Thursday – Sunday 10:00 – 5:00 PM
Are there ATMs at the Festival?
- Yes, there are ATMs located near our Garden Market.
How do I become a sponsor?
- For Sponsorship information, please visit our “Get Involved” page.
Is there food at the Festival?
- Yes, in our Garden Market, Naman’s catering provides lunch and snacks.
Are there any children’s activities?
- Yes! Family Fun Day is on Sunday and has lots of children’s activities. Growing Up Green is open daily.
Can I bring outside food and drinks in?
- No outside food and drinks are allowed in the festival for safety reasons.
Are wheelchairs and strollers allowed?
- Yes, however we do not provide them. Keep in mind the festival is in the grass and there are no sidewalks inside the festival.
How do I get involved at the festival?
- There are lots of ways to get involved! Please visit our “Get Involved”
Are there bathrooms?
- Yes, we have bathrooms located inside the festival.
Can I get a refund for my ticket?
- No, we do not give any refunds for any tickets. Thank you for
understanding and for your support of this hospital fundraiser.
Do you sell any plants after the show closes?
- Yes, some plants in the festival will be for sale. Our plant sale is on
Sunday, March 26th at 5:30pm. Multiple plant vendors will be selling plants throughout the show.
If there is rain will the festival close?
- If there is extreme weather, we will close the show. If this happens, we
will post updates on social media.
Where can I stay nearby?
- Hotel: Hampton Inn Providence Park
Address: 525 Providence Park Drive E Mobile, AL 36695
Phone: (251) 776-5866 ext.0 for Front Desk/Reservations
Group Name: Festival of Flowers
Dates: March 22-27, 2023
Group Code: FOF
Group Rate: $109/night plus tax
Cutoff Date: 3/9/2023
*No deposit required and guests can cancel without charge anytime until 24hrs prior to arrival.
- Holiday Inn Express
– Call in with code “FES” or use the link below<
– 10 king and 10 double king beds available at a rate of $129.00 per night.
– Check in: March 23rd Check out March 26th
– Any reservation not reserved by February 21st will be removed from the block.